Skip to main content

Overwhelmed

I have written about five blog posts over the last day and a half but nothing is coming out quite right. Quite frankly this is how I feel:

Columbus Zoo: He got me!

I know, kinda dramatic. I simply feel overwhelmed. I'm getting back into the swing of running, although being on the road for the past ten days has made my progress come to a screeching halt. Ran some, not enough. Walked at least three miles a day, not enough...

I acknowledge that this was a long (but positive) week, I worked too much, stayed up too late every night, woke up early every morning, traveled (and if you know me, you know that flying is extremely stressful for me), got to my car in the airport parking lot to a flat tire that was literally stuck on my car. I didn't know how to deal with a tire that was stuck. I was stumped. Who do you call at 10:30 on a Friday night to give you tips? Luckily I remembered my friend has a mechanical husband. I texted her and her husband called and walked me through three potential options, one of which worked. A task that typically takes me about ten minutes (changing a tire) took me well over an hour.

By the time I saw my car I was simply done, spent, tired and didn't want to fight with my car. I literally got in my car once this was all over and I burst into tears...

Once I composed myself I came to one conclusion:

I need to run!!!

Comments

  1. Yes, yes you do! I hope you have one scheduled for tomorrow night! I am sorry that it was a rough week but we're glad you are back in town! I am glad Steve could help you through it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you do! That completely stinks about your car.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All in a Day's Work

I don't even know how to begin this post... Several months ago, my sister had this bright idea to do her first half iron distance triathlon. I have always wanted to do one so I told her if she did it I would do it too. Next thing I know I was clicking register now on the registration page of the Highcliff Triathlon in Wisconsin. You can read about some of the reactions I received when I announced to various friends that I was going to do this race here . Over the months my friends have taken on the challenge of being supportive and cheering me on along the way. This was no easy feat as I was on the training roller coaster. As the day approached, I thought about all of the possible things that could go wrong and right. I had visions of myself standing on the side of the bike course with a flat tire, me holding on to a lifeguard boat, dreams about wearing clown shoes for the run, and on and on... I also day dreamed about the finish line, what it might look like, who would be the...

I Have Multiple Sclerosis

One of my favorite bike rides ever! I have debated whether I was going to make this public for quite some time, however there really aren't any significant reasons why I wouldn't share. It hasn't impacted my life dramatically, and if I'm lucky, it never will. I also don't want to be a poster child, nor do I require or want any special treatment simply because I have MS. The thing is, I know more and more people who are impacted significantly by this disease and I feel compelled to help the cause. So for one purpose only, I am outing myself. Here's the brief story. Two years ago my tongue went numb, my arm went numb and I though I slept funny or had a mini stroke. I brushed it off as sleeping funny day after day, after day. Then my eye started twitching, among other symptoms. I decided I was simply crazy... After a while all of these symptoms became so infuriating so I went to the doctor. While at the doctor, he chalked it up to stress, but after a closer ...

Fat or Fit

When the pandemic first began, there were so many memes to laugh at, but one that stuck in my mind was an image of a person leaning into her refrigerator that was captioned  with a saying that we will all get through quarantine fat, fit, or drunk. The comic relief was necessary at the time, but the reality of that statement has officially hit home. I remember folks talking about instances of domestic violence going up, kids at home without food, depression and loneliness spiking with adults, yet I was laughing about a meme that, in a dark way, gave me comfort that I was not alone in my early day binging on Totino's Pizza Rolls and Cara Cara oranges. No seriously, that was all I ate in March, April, May, June, and July... I don't remember when my diet changed to fewer Cara Cara oranges to more Totino's Pizza Rolls, and cake, and bread, and ice cream, and more cake, and pastries, and more homemade cake, but it did.  Fast forward to December 2021 and I became that meme I refer...