Skip to main content

Oops, Missed a Week

Somehow I missed a week of blogging. My apologies to my faithful readers. All I can say is that it has been an extremely busy week. One that I am happy to say is in the books. Nothing particularly bad, nothing particularly great; just a week. I will be back with my random Sarahisms this weekend. Plan on hearing a lot about my new shoes. There might be ANOTHER new pair in my future. We will see...

For now, I just want to update you on a few of my goals:

Giant Eagle Multi-Sport Series:

I am going to attempt my first Olympic distance triathlon in about 7 weeks. I am totally looking forward to it!!! I think with all the cycling I have been doing, I should be good in that department. I should be up to 10 mile runs again by that point but cross your fingers. I kind of had a panic attack yesterday; not enough swimming lately. I am going to have to do something about that this week. Wish me luck! Not how I planned to train for this event, but my body had different plans for me. Not bad, just not ideal.

Chicago Marathon

It's about 18 weeks away. I only ran about six miles this week. Adding in tomorrow's mileage (I will be up to a 50 minute run!!!!!!) I should be at about ten miles. Now, that is worrisome, so much so, Dukie came over and put his head on my leg. Pray, chant, sing, dance, yoga or simply think good thoughts for my training. I am dedicated and will do it! I just need to stick with the Doctor's plan and keep truckin! I am going to get there, and when I do it will be the best success EVER!

Ride to DC

Yep, this is still on the table. Ericc and I (once we both get through our chaos) will spend many days in the middle of nowhere, enjoying a bike ride! I should probably hit up some more Ohio hills to get prepared but for now am trying to stick to my recovery plan. I am looking forward to a great story to share about me, my bike and a great friend in the wilderness for a few days. Perhaps I should write a book called A Ride in the Woods! Watch out Bill Bryson, I'll give you a run for your money! In all seriousness, he is a funny author and worth reading.

Anyway, this is just a realignment of my goals for the remainder of the year. Tomorrow I will yoga for the first time in over a year. I might make this a weekly thing, I might not. What I do know is that I feel good, I feel fit and I am happy. What more could a girl ask for... Well there is something, but that is not what this blog is about!

Comments

  1. Yay for feeling good and fit and happy! I can understand why you're nervous about your mileage, but it is better to be slightly under-trained than to get injured. You're getting better and closer to fully back every day! This makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you be able to text during the crazy DC Ride? I don't know if I could go that long! LOL

    You are getting closer and closer to being back at it. As we discussed the other night, follow what Dr. B says. His goal is to get you running Chicago! So stop fretting and trust the man!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All in a Day's Work

I don't even know how to begin this post... Several months ago, my sister had this bright idea to do her first half iron distance triathlon. I have always wanted to do one so I told her if she did it I would do it too. Next thing I know I was clicking register now on the registration page of the Highcliff Triathlon in Wisconsin. You can read about some of the reactions I received when I announced to various friends that I was going to do this race here . Over the months my friends have taken on the challenge of being supportive and cheering me on along the way. This was no easy feat as I was on the training roller coaster. As the day approached, I thought about all of the possible things that could go wrong and right. I had visions of myself standing on the side of the bike course with a flat tire, me holding on to a lifeguard boat, dreams about wearing clown shoes for the run, and on and on... I also day dreamed about the finish line, what it might look like, who would be the

I Have Multiple Sclerosis

One of my favorite bike rides ever! I have debated whether I was going to make this public for quite some time, however there really aren't any significant reasons why I wouldn't share. It hasn't impacted my life dramatically, and if I'm lucky, it never will. I also don't want to be a poster child, nor do I require or want any special treatment simply because I have MS. The thing is, I know more and more people who are impacted significantly by this disease and I feel compelled to help the cause. So for one purpose only, I am outing myself. Here's the brief story. Two years ago my tongue went numb, my arm went numb and I though I slept funny or had a mini stroke. I brushed it off as sleeping funny day after day, after day. Then my eye started twitching, among other symptoms. I decided I was simply crazy... After a while all of these symptoms became so infuriating so I went to the doctor. While at the doctor, he chalked it up to stress, but after a closer

Jumping the Gun!

This is a 'total' bonus post for the week. I highly recommend reading my previous post, to better understand where I am coming from. You can check it out here .  I am not going to go into details but my name and grandma have been used in a sentence TWICE the past two days. Seriously? Do I look or act that old??? I must... Perhaps it is all the pie making! I am a woman of my word (for the most part, we all falter from time to time) and I mentioned in my last post that there was a chance I was jumping the gun with my dramatic flare related to being sidelined! Well, sidelined I am, but maybe for less time than I initially anticipated. The doctor will tell me my plan in three weeks. The overarching goal? The Chicago Marathon!  While running the Columbus Marathon, last year, I was blessed with amazing spectators and also running companions during the race. One of my companions was my sister. Somewhere near mile 25 she took a picture of me STILL smiling. It isn't ofte