Sunday, May 20, 2012

Progress

In the moment!
Every step we take will take us somewhere. We get to choose how to step, but we can't always choose the destination. It is funny how we often try and look back to determine what we could have done differently, what choices we could have made that would have brought us to a different place in life. I like to say, as you may have seen on my blog before, that when I find myself saying 'I should have', I try and follow that up with, 'but I didn't'. I try to remember, when I am bummed out about where I am in life, that I am exactly where I am supposed to be. Continuously looking back to wish away your life only inhibits you from living right now.

Case in point: This past week, while travelling for work, I found myself 'riding' the elliptical in the hotel at the gym. I was doing this daily, as prescribed, knowing the first run was fast approaching! You see, I am not an elliptical fan at all. As a matter of fact, I dislike the elliptical so much that one day I painstakingly wrote a very long email using the touch screen, just to allow time to pass, well that wasn't the only reason...

Anyway, I knew that I had to elliptical so that I could take that first step on Friday. I went out for my first jog with my sister and some other awesome company and those ten minutes, now that I look back on them, were blissful! So were the ten minutes this morning. Tomorrow? I get twenty!!!

I am approaching the finish line of my whiny self, or should I say the start line of my Chicago Marathon training. I am on the home stretch and know that once I start my training my body will be thank me for the care I provided it the past six weeks. Although I had a couple of squabbles and missteps today (sorry mom), I recognize all of this as progress!!!

A side note: I should acknowledge that I am extremely happy with my life right now. I have all the right people in my life, I have a great job, I have an amazing family, I have the best friend a person could have (my pup) and as my good buddy Ericc would say, Life is Great!

Here is a pic of me and my siblings:
We are a good looking crew!


2 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post and I'm so excited about your recovery!

    ReplyDelete