Skip to main content

Introducing Team We're 'A Mess'

Updated 5/28/2014 to update fundraising goals. If you are interested in donating, pay special attention to the individuals highlighted in yellow below, as they could still use some assistance in reaching their goals.

As you all know, I very publicly announced on my blog that I have Multiple Sclerosis. You can read that post here.

MS is a sliver of my life that will probably shrink and grow and shrink and grow throughout my lifetime. It will not take over my life by any stretch of the imagination as it is only part of me, not all of me. With that said, I appreciate every person who has supported me over the last eight months since I was diagnosed.

In true Sarah fashion, I am doing the MS ride, Pedal to the Point, as many of you already know. I want to acknowledge every person who has joined my team, We're 'A MESS', as they are committing to this ride in an effort to raise money to fund MS research and supports. Take the time to read a very short blurb about every 'current' member of our team. You, too, are welcome on our team!!! Simply click this link and click join on the right hand side of the screen. Or, if you prefer, donate to one of the amazing people who are riding this summer by clicking on their name below, and then clicking donate now!!! If you are unable to donate, your well wishes are just as needed and appreciated!!!

Introducing Team: We're 'A Mess'!!!


My Mom
Angie Brady - My mother, what can I say about my mother that many of you don't already know. Some words to describe her: Selfless, loving, full of grit, loyal, caring, compassionate. Best mom EVER!!! She needs $45 to reach her goal. *Update - Only $15 to her goal!!!







Bern
Bernie B. - My amazing brother!!! He would give everything he has to save a stranger's life. He saved a man while hiking the Grand Canyon, and many people don't even know the story. Honorable and loving man that I am proud to call my brother! He has reached his fundraising goal, but could always accept more donations. *Update - Goal exceeded





Christina (On the right)

Christina B. - My oldest sister, who used to be named the family exercise bully, but I have happily usurped her role. I have some of the most hilarious workout stories from my days in Colorado with Christina. She is the reason I have turned into a workout maniac! She met her goal.






David
David H. - OMG, I did my first metric century ride with this joker, and attempted to ride Vail Pass, and rode the Buffalo Classic, oh and Bike the Drive. Not only my cousin but friend. Not only a riding buddy but loving man! I'm so lucky he is my family. He still needs $300 to reach his goal. *Update - He needs $290 to reach his goal.








Elaine - A friend of my sister Janell will be riding with us in the fall!!! She decided to join the ride when Janell first solicited donations! I am so glad that she is part of our team as any friend of my sister's is a great person and a friend of mine!!! She needs $865 to reach her goal.

Janell
Janell E. - The first on our team to meet her fundraising goal!!! She is my sister, closest in age. I spent my life looking up to her, wanting to be just like her because of the kindness she extended to me on a daily basis (minus the fake pop she once gave me to drink when I was grounded, or when she vacuumed my back, or put boogers on my shirt, or had me stick my tongue on a 9v battery). She is an awesome mother, wife, daughter, sister, and friend! I still look up to her!!! *Update - Far exceeded her goal





John
John - My sister Janell's awesome husband. Anyone who's chosen by my sister must be special. He is quite possibly the kindest man I know and such an awesome daddy! I'm luck to have him in my family and am extremely honored that he would ride his bike on our team! Needs $50 to reach his goal. *Update - $30 to goal.








Me and Aunt Mary
Mary D. - My red headed aunt who made my life interesting from the moment she laid eyes on me. We have shared many adventures from St. Louis (my first plan ride) to riding around in her trunk. A very special lady indeed!!! She still needs $265 to meet her goal.




Meredith
Meredith B. - The newest addition to the Brady clan. She puts this smile on my brother's face, that lights up the world and that is enough to make her very special to me. Every time I hear the song Soul Sister by Train, it reminds me of the love my brother and Meredith share. She has reached her fundraising goal and can always take more donations. *Update - Way surpassed her goal!



RJ
RJ. W. - It is so funny how your brother in law's family can become so infused with your life. I have had the pleasure of competing in triathlons and other races with RJ. He is an avid cyclist and someone to be admired! I very much appreciate his kindness and encouragement and look forward to exploring the Ohio countryside with him! He still needs $235 to meet his goal.








Me and Sue
Sue H. - The person I am most honored to call my friend. Accidental 60 mile bike rides are common with Sue, along with random house projects, cat towers, yoga, running, adventures, story telling, tears, hearty laughter, etc. There is never a dull moment with this very dear friend and I'm so lucky to get to share so many adventures with her, including this ride!!! She still needs $235 to reach her goal. *She met her goal




Me and Tina
Tina H. - Like a sister to me, Tina and I spent summers mowing the lawn and cleaning the swimming pool after work. She lived at our house and she became like part of the family. I'm so delighted to get to spend a couple days with her on this ride. Goal met!
AND if you want to join our team, we are glad to have you... Join HERE!!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Sarah, I never saw this! Very nice post - I am working on a picture of Elaine for you. We are all thrilled to be a part of this team and to be supporting you and your journey. The ride will be a good time - especially the camping!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cool bios. didn't know you officially took over the 'exercise bully' role. not sure how I feel about this..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Have Multiple Sclerosis

One of my favorite bike rides ever! I have debated whether I was going to make this public for quite some time, however there really aren't any significant reasons why I wouldn't share. It hasn't impacted my life dramatically, and if I'm lucky, it never will. I also don't want to be a poster child, nor do I require or want any special treatment simply because I have MS. The thing is, I know more and more people who are impacted significantly by this disease and I feel compelled to help the cause. So for one purpose only, I am outing myself. Here's the brief story. Two years ago my tongue went numb, my arm went numb and I though I slept funny or had a mini stroke. I brushed it off as sleeping funny day after day, after day. Then my eye started twitching, among other symptoms. I decided I was simply crazy... After a while all of these symptoms became so infuriating so I went to the doctor. While at the doctor, he chalked it up to stress, but after a closer

Jumping the Gun!

This is a 'total' bonus post for the week. I highly recommend reading my previous post, to better understand where I am coming from. You can check it out here .  I am not going to go into details but my name and grandma have been used in a sentence TWICE the past two days. Seriously? Do I look or act that old??? I must... Perhaps it is all the pie making! I am a woman of my word (for the most part, we all falter from time to time) and I mentioned in my last post that there was a chance I was jumping the gun with my dramatic flare related to being sidelined! Well, sidelined I am, but maybe for less time than I initially anticipated. The doctor will tell me my plan in three weeks. The overarching goal? The Chicago Marathon!  While running the Columbus Marathon, last year, I was blessed with amazing spectators and also running companions during the race. One of my companions was my sister. Somewhere near mile 25 she took a picture of me STILL smiling. It isn't ofte

Social Media and Athleticism

***I am going to use some terminology that might be offensive to some, Sorry! Also, this is a bit of a rant so read on if you wish... This is also probably going to make me seem OLD!!!*** Isn't this the truth!!! It is a rare occasion, anymore, to have a conversation with a friend that doesn't include at least a brief mention of Facebook. Daily Mile is creeping up to be of similar stature with the running crowd. I have been analyzing the impact of social media on my life for some time. Many smart (and not so smart) people have conducted studies on the psychological impact of social media on humans. Like any research, you can find a study to match any position you would like to take on this issue, I am going to be the guinea pig for this post though! So, in my case I gave up regular use of Facebook back in December. I now have, what I call, Facebook Sunday. Every Sunday I allow myself unrestricted use of Facebook and I can honestly say that I probably spend no more th