Friday, January 21, 2011

If at first you don't succeed...


TRY TRY AGAIN!!!

It is unusual for me to sit around and focus on my failures but this week for some reason failure has blinded me. I have taken 5 steps back. You heard me FIVE whole steps. I went to my standing Tuesday night meeting and learned that I had lost three lbs and you would think that would be all the motivation needed to stay on track, run my six days a week and go to the new toning class at the Y, but that was not the case.


Now I have a choice, let that destroy my spirit or move on.

One of my favorite authors, Paulo Coelho, has a blog with 10 second reads. I often take the 10 seconds for reading and a few hours contemplating what I read. This week he posted a piece about choosing the path. He sums up his blog by stating "The true path is chosen by our ability to love it, not suffer for it." What I figured out is that although I was blindsided by my lack of motivation for a week, my true love is in the path that makes me suffer a little. I know that a little suffering in the short term will make me stronger and healthier in the long term. I am officially moving on...

1 comment: