Skip to main content

P2P Pictures

I'm still processing the Pedal 2 the Point ride. I honestly still can't believe we did that ride. It is surreal that so many people came together to ride with me. All of my siblings, two of their spouses, one of their uncles and two friends made the trek to Ohio. I have story after story from the weekend, but I have no way to adequately share the stories...

Quite honestly, I lived in fear of doing a big bike ride like this. I've always wanted to do a ride like this, but never had the right motivation. Overnight rides take so much training and willingness to sleep in an odd place between days. Also, the people you spend the days with is extremely important. It is like traveling. There are VERY few people who I would travel with, and this crowd is certainly on my travel list forever now.

Rather than tell the stories that I hold so dear, I have put together one memory that I want to keep with me, along with a picture of two of each person I rode with. These brief notes from each person will likely not mean much to many readers here, but they mean a heck of a lot to me.

As scared as I was of this bike ride, I'm glad I took the chance, had I not taken the chance I would never have known I could do it. This once again was a moment in which I learned that I should attack every challenge that I am faced with. Will I always succeed? Nope, but darn it, the journey will always be worth it!!!

Here is a picture journal of sorts, pictures don't always match the captions, but are memories from the person in the picture, that couldn't necessary be captured in a photo:

Tina - You mean blood should be flowing there while you are riding your bike? Said on day 2 of the ride when we adjusted the bike seat. 


Janell - She said, Don't forget my cell phone. You (Christina) and Sarah are the most forgetful and I am trusting BOTH of you to remember my phone








Meredith -  Escaping the corn in the middle of nowhere!

My Momma - The best medicine carrier, cheerleader a team could ask for.



Christina - Walking out of the bathroom to a stranger in the room. Oh yeah, and she only had on her swimsuit and towel.

Bernie - He said, Meredith isn't ready to go... While she is waiting to leave the room and he is laying in bed.

RJ - The garbage bag fashion show on our 100 mile day!

John - 6:30??? It doesn't start until 8:00??? AND, be nice to him, get his phone number and we will call his wife at 3 in the morning for a week straight.





Sue - The selfie that made me wipe out and ice cream cheers.

David - I only ate 7 yesterday, when asked how many HoHo's he ate the day before. 


The Raincoats!

The 100 milers... Missing two arms though




The Selfie





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Have Multiple Sclerosis

One of my favorite bike rides ever! I have debated whether I was going to make this public for quite some time, however there really aren't any significant reasons why I wouldn't share. It hasn't impacted my life dramatically, and if I'm lucky, it never will. I also don't want to be a poster child, nor do I require or want any special treatment simply because I have MS. The thing is, I know more and more people who are impacted significantly by this disease and I feel compelled to help the cause. So for one purpose only, I am outing myself. Here's the brief story. Two years ago my tongue went numb, my arm went numb and I though I slept funny or had a mini stroke. I brushed it off as sleeping funny day after day, after day. Then my eye started twitching, among other symptoms. I decided I was simply crazy... After a while all of these symptoms became so infuriating so I went to the doctor. While at the doctor, he chalked it up to stress, but after a closer

All in a Day's Work

I don't even know how to begin this post... Several months ago, my sister had this bright idea to do her first half iron distance triathlon. I have always wanted to do one so I told her if she did it I would do it too. Next thing I know I was clicking register now on the registration page of the Highcliff Triathlon in Wisconsin. You can read about some of the reactions I received when I announced to various friends that I was going to do this race here . Over the months my friends have taken on the challenge of being supportive and cheering me on along the way. This was no easy feat as I was on the training roller coaster. As the day approached, I thought about all of the possible things that could go wrong and right. I had visions of myself standing on the side of the bike course with a flat tire, me holding on to a lifeguard boat, dreams about wearing clown shoes for the run, and on and on... I also day dreamed about the finish line, what it might look like, who would be the

Jumping the Gun!

This is a 'total' bonus post for the week. I highly recommend reading my previous post, to better understand where I am coming from. You can check it out here .  I am not going to go into details but my name and grandma have been used in a sentence TWICE the past two days. Seriously? Do I look or act that old??? I must... Perhaps it is all the pie making! I am a woman of my word (for the most part, we all falter from time to time) and I mentioned in my last post that there was a chance I was jumping the gun with my dramatic flare related to being sidelined! Well, sidelined I am, but maybe for less time than I initially anticipated. The doctor will tell me my plan in three weeks. The overarching goal? The Chicago Marathon!  While running the Columbus Marathon, last year, I was blessed with amazing spectators and also running companions during the race. One of my companions was my sister. Somewhere near mile 25 she took a picture of me STILL smiling. It isn't ofte